Sometimes you make a plan, and The Universe just laughs and sets fire to said plan. Yeah, it’s been like that since I last posted. I am taking care of things and adulting around a bunch of stuff, so, at least at the moment, things are on even keel.
I tell you, folks, Depression is a bastard liar who is NOT your friend. But thanks to a very perceptive Wife, a good network of friends who know good care providers, I’m giving this bastard Depression the middle finger. (Or at least telling it quietly to fuck off and asking it to please will you just let me write?)
I’m getting back to writing after a couple of weeks dealing with a Depression hit. (I suppose you could call it a relapsing/remitting depression?) It’s hard, but I try and be happy for small victories. Like: Yay! I wrote 4 paragraphs (or for an hour, etc). Yay! I made a call! Yay! I actually went out today! Yay! I got up, took a shower, and made breakfast! Yay! I did my German homework!
One day at a time and little victories, right?
- Unity Space Corps: This is a military hard sci-fi novel set in a future where humans have colonized several other planets. The main character is a Religious Program Specialist and Senior Communications officer who has PTSD and works with the station’s Chaplain to figure out why the colonization survey they’re supporting isn’t going according to plan.
- Finished Part 1 (Chapters 1-17!) and have started part 2 (Chapter 18)!
- The Wife really likes it so far!
- The Four Keys: A spiritual prose journey to the underworld and back.
- Last edit pass in prep for e-book version
- The Wife will be doing cover art for e-book version and we’re prepping for doing the Graphic Novel version.
- Between the Worlds Church Sermons 2018-2019: A collection of sermons from my live services in 2018 and 2019 for Between the Worlds Church.
- On hold for the time being.
- Geneva: Going to go to Geneva in late July or early August for a writing retreat. (It’s not an organized one, just going to Geneva, getting a nice hotel, and just writing for a few days.
- Possible Road Trips to Various European Places: TBA
- Rome/Vatican: Will definitely be going, but still need to plan.
Not mine, but my friend Sydney’s from Nerd Coffee:
Still in A1, but still doing well. Finished watching Enterprise in German, and are now watching the movies for a bit of a break. After that we’ll probably watch either Voyager or Discovery in German.
Still finding confidence hard with my spoken German, but I seem to be understanding better. Also, it seems if I tell folks I’m learning, or trying to remember vocabulary, they are more than willing to just keep talking to me in German (and usually slower).